Sunday, September 11

9/11 anniversary: Philippe Petit the first to attack the WTC twin towers


Many times when we look up we see magic and in 8/7/1974 Philippe Petit amazed the world by crossing between the twin towers eight times. He danced, he smiled at the cop that wanted to arrest him and spent 45 minutes walking on the wire.
At the end of the spectacle Philippe was arrested and sent to a psychiatric evaluation and finally released.

For the tenth anniversary of 9/11 daring to dream, to stand up for ideals, to regain the power of not fearing is what would help this world being wonderful again.

"What really touchs me is when people come to me and say they are inspired. Because it is something we need in life, we need to be inspired."
"To not go to where you believe... then where will you go? Where people tell you to go?
"I did my homework for months and months and months, for actualy eight months on location after having done months of study of the towers as they have been build.
That is what to do to rob a bank except I didn't want to rob anything
I wanted to give a beautiful gift of my high wire walk."
"Death is very close."
"We live in a world where our senses are dulled by so many images, where we surrender ourselves to little robots. I hate my century, I hate what's going on around me, so I don't participate. I don't have a laptop, I don't have a cellphone, I can`t send an email. I'm an imbecile! But I say that with pride."
Philippe Petit

"Several minutes later these guys came to arrest us and the first thing they said to Philippe and myself was: "where is your id?", "where is your id?". Philippe's english wasn't as good in those days and he thought they were saying: "What is your idea?"
Mark Lewis

Philippe's previous illegal coups were high-wiring between the two spires of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris (in the middle of a mass), and between the giant northern pylons of Sydney Harbour Bridge which is what the video shows.