Friday, June 8

America: Political prisoners? How US government became the most dangerously ridiculous regime ever

In 2009 I met Lauren Weyland and wrote two posts about her. This is her place where she performs every Tuesday and where I go from time to time when there is nobody around.
It's a nice place and I remember Lauren's accent and her friends most of them Americans.
I took these pictures because I've been thinking about what is happening in America and I cannot help being deeply concerned. Patriot Act, NDAA and political prisoners.

"Political prisoners" is very familiar to me because I lived under dictatorship. I thought that I would never hear this label being used to put Americans in jail.
But it is and the people they are incarcerating under this label are everything but "political prisoners".
The existence of "Eco-defend prisoners" or "Eco-prisoners" is an aberration and it only shows how the US government has crossed all lines. Neither Kafka or Orwells could think of such a ridiculous reason to put people in jail: defending earth and it's inhabitants.

Visit Jericho Mouvement or Earth Liberation Prisoners Support Network (ELP) for more information.
Next  June 11th is the international day of solidarity with long-term political prisoners. Spread the word.